Nothing like spending almost every night for 6 months working on this model. and you know what I mean when 1 piece takes like 3 hours to trace , score , cut , fold , and glue ! and 150 more pieces to go ............
Im 98 % done ! But I need to go back to my last post "THE TRIGGER"
It seems when the (selector) is [parallel] to the (reciever top) , the (selector axle) point straight down. right ?. Ok ? .... and the (trigger and disconnector) is underneath the (selector axle). When this is in that position , the trigger cannot be pressed. [kinda in a lock mode].
Moving the (selector) to [AUTO] , the trigger is released from under the (selector axle) and the (disconnector) is still under the (selector axle) and the trigger is funtionable.
Moving the (selector) to [SEMI] , the (disconnector) is now out from under the (selector axle) and the trigger still works.
Now the Fubar . When I try to move the (selector) back to [AUTO] , the (disconnector and trigger) is in the way of the full movement of the (selector axle) going back to the [auto] position and jams the system so I have to remove the (dust cover) and use my fingers to push the (disconector and the trigger) back under the (selector axle). Is this normal ? am I being to anal and technical ?.
Maybe the (disconnector) is too short and should stay underneath the (selector axle) when in the [semi] position .
Exellent Hobby site you have here ! You the Man . Other than that there was the standard "tweaking" of some parts.
Would you ever consider making a full scale Gattling Gun from the civil war ! ??
Nah, you're right. It's a real flaw in the model. I made the parts bulkier than their real counterparts here, so there are some things that don't match up correctly. The disconnector is one of such pieces. A quick fix would be to disable the disconnector, but I can't make a real fix until I revisit the AK receiver for another iteration, and I can't reliably predict when that would be.
The disconnector should (ideally) pop up in semi position, to catch the hammer when the trigger remains in pulled state, but its shape should be smoother, I suppose, to prevent it from getting caught on the selector.
The Gatling Gun is a bit too daunting for me. I've added it to the request tracker, but in the forseeable future I'd like to focus on refining current models and addressing flaws like this one, before branching off into anything too ambitious.
1. Yes, the stock would be different. A proper folding stock may be too difficult, but fixed stock like pictured should be visually similar. The fixed stock would have a groove in each side, and this seems difficult to make without changing the inner supports, but the minimum is to at least make holes in the outer face and place a darker layer underneath, to give the illusion of grooves. Perhaps some lighter-color spots on the back and bottom edges of the grooves would enhance this apperance. The stock also has a sling swivel loop on the side, but, as I omitted the one on the wooden stock, it's pretty much up to you if you want to add it or not.
2. The handguard would need side bumps (which can be adapted from the V1's side bumps) and some ribs. It seems like the only difficulty here is getting them to look neat and straight.
3. The magazine would also need to be a bit straighter. (Most difficult part. To simplify it, I'd recommend looking at the V1 magazine and making a new one based on the same principle, just different shape. Just adjust the dimensions at the top and include the front and rear hooks from the V2 mag to make it fit properly in the magwell).
4. The gas port would be closer to vertical. (top is 47, bottom is 74)